September 02, 2007

No, I have not been jailed... I am just sitting in the train from Delhi to Jodhpur. I was travelling on the Mandore Express train which is claimed to be a 'superfast train'... well here in India superfast mean like travelling with an average speed of around 50 km/h. So it took me almost 14 hours for a distance of 623 kilometers...
Despite many warnings and also because the high classes have been sold out I decided to travel on sleeper class which is actually one of the lowest. Coaches are not equiped with A/C therefore the 'windows' are just barred without any glas. Expecting another torture the journey was relatively comfortable... okay it took me some 20 minutes to find my train, coach and seat at Old Delhi railway station but when I finally reached I was surprised to find a coach that was not overbooked. I really had a bed for my self, it was an overnight train by the way...
Travelling on Indian trains you'll also get to know to lot's of people... also funny ones.
Jodhpur itself is a beautiful place in the colorful state of Rajasthan. It has a nice old town and an amazing fort on a hill in the middle of the town... tomorrow night I'll be heading for Jaisalmer another amazing place in Rajasthan. Actually I am planning to take another night train but right now I can't reach the online booking system of the Indian Railways, so let's see how I'll reach there...

No comments: