August 11, 2007

Today I was hanging around with three friends of mine, exploring three new places in Delhi. First place was a crematory site near Yamuna river. To show respect for the family members I took photography from some distance using maximum focal length. Nevertheless I was prompted by some officials to stop taking pictures. I tried to explain them that I would be doing a surgery on Hindu rituals - but without success...



Also interesting are the Interstate Bus Terminals. Long distance buses are leaving for different states in India so you meet a lot of different people here. So I think I can write a lot of stories about these bus services when I have used them myself traveling through other parts of India.



Finally we got to an other slum at the bank of Yamuna River. You actually find those quarters everywhere in Delhi. People living in those slums are holding down different jobs. You'll find slums where they are producing pockets, in other ones they live on handcrafts, etc...

No comments: